jueves, 25 de julio de 2024

my inner sea

 In the early morning

in the middle of the sea

I am far away

from its shores

It has no limits

celestial or marine

no noise, no swaying

only rhythmic breezes

It is immense

but it has no maps

neither paper

nor virtual

Like this,

naked

I intuit its route

its presence

at nightfall

when I joyfully

I arrive at its beach

breathless

with my eyes fixed

on its centre

that looks

and I don't see

that I feel

and I don't touch

Almost close

I sense a path

always different

a water route

sometimes dangerous

dangerous

of waves and waves

that take me away

Every night

until the wee hours of the morning

I struggle to get there

where the dawn breaks

right in the centre

of this inner sea

And from that centre

I glimpse

the distant world

behind a wall of stars

still twinkling

fading

And I return

of an armful

between tossed sheets

and full of you

to the margins of reality

to the daytime task

Where I remain efficient

because I am nourished by the murmur

of the language I learn

to speak

every night

in the centre

of my inner sea


igor parra