jueves, 25 de julio de 2024

the edge of my shadow

 BACK TO THE SOUTH


back to the canals-mirrors


of lurking volcanoes


I breathe the noisy ocean


I see its sounds in this seismic haze


as I sail them in silence


April's full moon inflates the tide


the islands drift further and further apart


the sea nights


shimmer and shimmer


And in the tumult of the skin


anxious


wolfish


lonely 


for a few days


 still


death has wanted to embrace me


tender


but total


And I have not let myself


and 


I fled


from her soft scent of damp earth


I avoided his wise tale


of life 


ephemeral


Because I still prefer my ignorance


because I don't want to eat  her fruit


again


I did it thousands of years ago


and tied myself


to it


Now


 I still have time


tied to my garden


I still live


silent among the departed


and present among you


I am still surprised 


to see the moon


cradled by the sea tide


and by the swift waters 


of these Andean rivers


I still laugh at myself


because


when I stop doing it


I know that my skinny companion


will cut my throat


with the edge 


of my serious 

shadow.


Igor Parra