jueves, 25 de julio de 2024

Taste I

TASTE 


I


a late harvest


sweet and cold


Chilean wine


The winter sun


gave long shadows


on this distant soltice


And we laughed


and on the table


I put no tablecloth


no metal cutlery


nor cloth


nor linen


nor lace


You stretched out


and I drank your skin


and instead of plates


blonde hair


and instead of cutlery


your legs


and instead of glasses


your buttocks


And I ran for pillows


And I filled my mouth with you


And you gave me 


the wine 


On your lips


And the table 


and the dessert 


was you



And this was the shortest day


 Of the dying autumn


And of the rising winter


And I lived it between your legs


And the carpet was red


And you were almost dressed


in green and light blue


and the Arabian music


on the shores of the Pacific


of the raging sea


and your blonde hair


blond


on the red


red


and sometimes blue lightning


in front of the slow fire


of the cooker


A mixture of bloods


yours Catalan and German


Andalusian, Basque and Mapuche


mine


or maybe Diaguita


or Inca?


Blessed mixtures


of eternal sounds


of the raging sea


of long green waves


combed with long black huiros 


and of the music I heard


in Jalab so many years ago.


And you lie on the red


and I hear the wave drumming


and I see orderly rows of pelicans


flying over the roiling wave


and I see the silence of the southern sky


full of lights


reflected 


in the vault of your bosom


in the bay of your navel 


faint


When I would die


and I want to go to the eternal West


and I will remember 


red and blonde


blonde and green


and your mouth


and your teeth


Swirl of intense


intense


An unexpected prize


for the one who came back 


to die


with no more


Because I thought I had it all


I had it all


in the learned land


of my exile


And here 


where every day trembles


where we don't know if the receding sea


will be just a lunar artefact


one more tide



will be returned to us as a wall of water


immense


destructive


renewing


of us all


Sea water


our daily water


have no pity on us


If you think you must flood us


with your giant seaweed


with your sea urchins


with your fish


Come


Come and amaze us


with your perpetual green


with your thunder of gods


Come and try to take us with you


Come now


and forever


And if you succeed


You'll be happy among all the waves


That tried before you


While you make up your mind


While I wait for you


we will enjoy


of every second you grant us


O ancient sea


O dangerous sea


oh ocean sea


And I will do it


on my table


with my tablecloth


and my food


of skin


Come


for you will find me


in that thundering hour


happy


because once again


I am whole


whole


Skin and soul


brain and senses


I have reunited


after the long exile


and I anchor myself again


on the urgency of the moment


on the cloud of the north


and the south wind


on your moans


on the trembling of the skin 


and the ground


and I anchor myself to fight


and I anchor myself to understand


Because in surrender


giving all


everything


the soul is charged with reasons


and understands better


that living to give


is the essence


the lesson 


that this ocean of American life


gives


to the one who patiently


learns


to see by looking


to listen by hearing


and to live by loving


Igor Parra archaeologist found this in "in Archaeology of Passions" and translated it